Unable to get examples working (raspberry pi)

Hey guys!

OpenHybrid seemed like such a cool project, I really wanted to try it out :slightly_smiling:

However, I’m not able to get the example on Adding Object and Marker working using a Raspberry Pi. Since many people on this forum seem to have no issues making this work, I wondered if I’m missing something obvious.

Installation seems to give no issues (Raspberry Pi 2, Raspbian Jessy, Node v0.12). When starting server.js, I do get an error:

Serial port error [Error: Cannot open /dev/ttyATH0]

I guess this is the Yun serialport, and that this does not impact the examples I try to run (currently, I’m not using GPIO).

Some symptoms I encounter during the examples:

1. When adding a target (http://192.168.1.134:8080/target/learn) I get an error in my browser console:````
    Refused to display ‘Engine Developer Portal’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘SAMEORIGIN’.
Does not seem to be a big deal, right?

2) When adding the zip file, I get some output on the console, and the only error message says:

Serial port error [Error: Serialport not open.]

I assume that this has to do with the Yun serialport, and that it is no big deal either.

3) After uploading the img (I use target.jpg from the examples folder) and the zip (downloaded from Vuforia), the buttons do not turn green. When I upload the target.zip file from the examples folder, the buttons do turn green (however, now the id is obviously wrong). However, I get no indication of what exactly went wrong.

Can somebody please confirm that the issues before symptom 3 are indeed no real problems for running the examples, or give me some advice on how to look for the problem/solution to symptom 3? 

Thanks in advance, and congrats on developing this amazing technology!

My guess is you are running on the master branch. Try to checkout the beta_hardwareinterfaces branch. The master branch only supports the Yun.

1. I also encountered this issue. But only recently. Maybe they changed something on the vuforia website? What do you think @valentin?

2. if you are on the master branch as I am suspecting then yes it’s trying to open the Yuns serial connection which fails

@Carsten, thank you for the suggestion! I checked out the beta_hardwareInterfaces branch. The serialport errors are gone now, and the example is working!

Did I overlook something in the docs regarding this branch?

I’m afraid there is not much documentation yet. The branch is still under development. If you want to use the GPIO pins of the pi look into the raspberryPi hardware interface. I once posted a super short explanation in another thread:

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

1 Like