New Reality Editor Version 1.5.7

Have you programmed the Arduino with the Arduino code?

If the Arduino is programmed and you still do not see any sign for the IO-Points it could be the following:
Sometimes the Open Hybrid platform and the Arduino Code are out of synchronization.
In that case you need to push the Arduino Reset button (32u4 Reset) on the Arduino Yun board.
Most likely after you press this button, the visual IO-Points will show up.

Hi, @valentin,

Do I need images or other files to show those virtual IO-Points?
Below are images and files placed on my Arduino Yun.

I think I need a circle image to do virtual IO-Points and may I need find one and upload to Yun?
Also, should I add two labels, like Sensor / LED, in a config file somewhere ?

[EDIT] @valentin
I believe the circle image is in here, the folder of dataPointInterfaces, right?

So, I need to find other reason why I cannot see the virtual IO-Points.

Currently, the Arduino code is programed and 32u4 Reset is pressed, but I still cannot see the buttons.

Should I worry the warning messages shown on Arduino IDE? I list them below.

/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino: In function 'void setup()':
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:18:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
 obj.add("slider", "led"); // add a new I/O Point to the Object
                        ^
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:18:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:19:27: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
 obj.add("slider", "sensor");
                           ^
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:19:27: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino: In function 'void loop()':
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:28:40: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
   obj.write("slider", "sensor", reading);
                                        ^
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:28:40: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:31:43: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
   analogWrite(13, obj.read("slider", "led") * 255);
                                           ^
/Users/ivanlin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/HybridObject/examples/sensorAndSlider/sensorAndSlider.ino:31:43: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Hi @ivanlin,
There are two different models here.

For one there is the Augmented User Interface Mode. It has the following Icon in the Editor:

This is where you can generate HTML user interfaces for, that you can interact with.
Like a slider. This interface is what you create with the html webpage shown in your screenshot above.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU REFERENCE OBJECT.JS IN YOUR HTML FILE, OTHERWISE NOTHING SHOWS UP

The other function is the programming. It has the following icon:

The programming is where your IO-Points show up.
These IO-Points are automatically generated. The generation is based on what IO-Points you define in your Arduino Code. You can use the Reality Editor to position them rightfully.

The IO-Points will allow you to connect objects or IO-Points with each other.
If you want to build simple interfaces, the entire visual appearance of the programming interface is something you have no influence. It will just work for you.

@ivanlin
Can you please give some information what Arduino Version you use.
Have you installed the Arduino Yun image (v0.3.1.1) as explained in

?

The Open Hybrid Arduino library runs without errors and warnings on the latest official Arduino IDE (1.6.7).
Download link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

I have just compiled a test with no warning messages.

Hi, @valentin,

Below is my environment settings:
Arduino Yun Image (v.0.3.1.1)
Arduino IDE (1.6.7)
Example: Example -> HybridObject -> sensorAndSlider

/*
Read from and Write to a Hybrid Object

Copy the files from the interface folder 
to your Hybrid Object.

created 2015
by Valentin Heun
*/

#include <HybridObject.h>
HybridObject obj;

int counter =0;

void setup() {
obj.developer(); // allow developer tools
obj.add("slider", "led"); // add a new I/O Point to the Object
obj.add("slider", "sensor");
}

void loop() {

// Read from sensor
  float reading = obj.map(analogRead(A0), 0, 940); 

// Write to Object
  obj.write("slider", "sensor", reading);

// Read from Object
  analogWrite(13, obj.read("slider", "led") * 255);

delay(30);
}

Result:
I still cannot see the virtual IO-Points.

The warning message on Arudino IDE remains.

How do I make sure the success of obj.add(“slider”, “led”) and obj.add(“slider”, “sensor”)?

@ivanlin can we continue ths discussion here → Help and Bugs so that other people can directly check that thread for weather the issue they are having is already solved :slight_smile:

Hi, @V_Mohammed_Ibrahim,

No problem. I can add my post after yours. :grinning:

@ivanlin
We have compiled a lot of error handling in like 3 different topics. :smiley:
If you have some extra time, would you like to compile these discussions and error possibilities in to a simple FAQ?
It might be very helpful to others that also start?
I realize that I am working on this for so long, that I forget that some things are not obvious. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@valentin we definitely need a FAQ section, i am free today i can help @ivanlin

Cool :slight_smile:
We can then add it to the webpage later.

Hi, @valentin,

Love to. I can do it today but a bit later.

@V_Mohammed_Ibrahim Where should I put FAQ? I am not familiar with this forum. Could you give a link, and I can organize my information and upload it later.

Thank you both.

Can you edit each others posts?
Otherwise, maybe you guys can just work on it in a separate google doc?

@ivanlin yea we will work in a google doc and put in the forum finally

1 Like

Hi, @valentin,@ivanlin,
I have already install the hybrid object on windows.Both iPhone and Yun are connected to the same network.but i can’t see the “bird” from app.Maybe I miss some settings on laptop or app.Cloud you help me?

The node show infor like this.

Hi @Sunny, When you upload the targets, you will see a little step by step guide.
In this guide you are shown a generated unique identifier… In your case it will look similar to:
testXXXXXXXXXXXX

whereby the x represent random letters.

You have to use this entire identifier as the name for your target.
I see that you only used “test” as the name.
This is the reason why the object is not showing up.

Thanks a lot!
I have changed the target name.but I still cannot find “bird” on app. when I open the app ,node give infor like this:

:disappointed_relieved:I don’t konw why

I found the question.Afetr I upload the target the “Upload” buttons dose not not change to green.

What can I do to solve this question?Thanks

@Sunny if you have installed HybridObject on your Windows PC then what are you using the yun for ?
also is the PC and ipad on the same network ?